The K-12 Horizon Report is a yearly report that provides a forecast for and explanation for the intersection between technology and education.
Specifically, and in their words,
“Six key trends, six significant challenges, and six emerging technologies are identified across three adoption horizons over the next one to five years, giving school leaders and practitioners a valuable guide for strategic technology planning. The format of the report is new this year, providing these leaders with more in-depth insight into how the trends and challenges are accelerating and impeding the adoption of educational technology, along with their implications for policy, leadership, and practice.”
- Browse the New Media Consortium website to see what wonderful information it has for you beyond just the report.
- Read the most recent K12 Report.
- In 750 words, or more, reflect on the report and the future trends it sees. Suggested ideas:
- Focus on one or more of the “key trends.”
- Focus one one or more of the “significant challenges.”
- Focus one one or more of the “important developments.”
- Other ideas you have.