This section encourages you to look, as best you are able, at your departmental budget. The key objective here is to gain a perspective of the following:
- What your budget currently looks like (you may already know this as you may have designed it, not all schools allow this)
- What are the shortcomings of your budget
- An action plan as to how to enhance the scope of the budget and a longer term plan that lines up with your visioning conclusions from the facilities lesson.
Watch the video in the resources section “A short guide for enhancing your budget’.
Get a copy of your budget
Create a video/screencast of your thoughts on how to enhance your budget, answer the following questions:
- What vision is driving your budgetary changes?
- What key changes would/can/will you make to your budget?
- What would an ‘enhancement’ of your budget look like? Is it just a larger amount or is it more specific than that?
- What are 3 or 4 key steps that you are going to take in order to initiate this change?