It all starts with your first post! How exciting! At the end of this lesson you are going to have a place on the interwebs that has your “stuff” on it. Think of how famous you will soon be! Once you get your first post up and going, we can start talking about how to add photos, video, famous quotes, etc. Watch out world, you have arrived.
Learning to create your first post is the first step toward an exciting future. It is sort of like learning how to add 2 + 2 so you can start your journey toward calculus. You will likely find this part easy, but if you find it difficult, push on! Once you have this lesson under control, future ones will be easy.
- Watch the video below that explains how to create a new post
- Create at least one new post with what you have learned. If you feel brave, add some photos, video, links etc. If not, there are lessons for this coming up.
- Open a Word or Pages document
- Copy and paste the post you made into it.
- Reflect (short) on the process
- Upload the doc below as normal
- In the comments section below, paste a link to your new website and provide a brief response (for or against) this statement: “WordPress is so easy! Everybody should use it.”
- Course Flipboard Magazine.
- Take a look at other sites people in this course have built.
- Complete list of all videos I have made for this course.