This is it! Time to take all the skills you have learned and actually build a website. At then end of this assignment you will have a website you can be proud of, use in the classroom (or wherever) and share with the world.
Are you ready? 😉
Going from learning how to build a website to actually putting it together is a big step. It requires that we try, learn, fail and learn again. Please note it is ok to make mistakes and, actually, is a sign that you are pushing yourself in a new direction. Websites are dynamic tools and you can make all the changes you need along the development path you are now starting. Just go for it!
- Take the map you designed for your website and put it into action.
- Create a website with at least 10 pages. You do not have to populate every page with content, but you should have the pages up and ready to go. This will motivate you to add content to the pages.
- Include a graphic/picture or photo gallery on every page. We all are attracted to visual images and it really will enhance the look of your site.
- Upload/embed at least one video.
- In the f section below, leave a brief response (for or against) this statement: “Every educator really should have a website. If they don’t, then they are doing a huge disservice to their students.” Or… Leave a response to one of the existing comments below.
- Write an awesome reflection on the process of designing a website. You may want to discuss:
- Include a link to your website
- Your hopes and dreams for the website
- Obstacles to using the website for your students, parents and other teachers.
- How you will overcome these obstacles
- Future development and design plans. Go “blue sky” with this one and discuss what you hope to see happen even if it is unrealistic at this point.
- See my teacher website for ideas (I no longer update this site, so it will look a out of date)
- Tips for creating a website
- How students use school websites (Infographic)
- 27 ways to flip your classroom (Infographic)
- Ten creative ways to use Google tools
- Complete list of all videos I have made for this course.