Playing with your settings is not a very exciting part of WordPress, but it will answer many of your questions about how to make small changes to your site. For example, this includes the title and tag line at the top of your website.
The video below does a great job explaining what some of the settings are and how to change and customize them in a way that will make you happy!
When you look at the setting section and watch the video below you may find that you have little to no interest in most of the things it is talking about. That is TOTALLY OK. Don’t feel like you need to understand most of what is in the settings. The point of going over the setting is to let you know where to find it. As you get more into WordPress you will find yourself wanting to make some changes to how it functions. Settings is the place to go for that. Ignore for now if you wish.
- Watch the video below
- If you have not done so already, login to your WordPress account
- Change the tag line of your website from the standard one (usually something like “Just another teacher site”) to something more interesting such as “changing the way education is done.”
- Write a short reflection about what you found in the settings tab. You might want to discuss:
- The purpose of the settings section
- The parts you will use
- The chance that you will get more into changing your settings as you dive deeper into WordPress
- Settings screencast (Done by me November 2015)
- Settings and configurations (Older, a bit out of date, but very well done)
- Complete list of all videos I have made for this course.